Ayrshire Farmers Mutual Telephone Company was incorporated in 1907. The Board of Directors included President, John J. McNally; Vice-President, Rudolf Peterson; Secretary, EE Morton; Treasurer, AL Taylor; Directors, Goodman Lee, Charles Thompson, George Baxter, PJ Peterson and Milt Virgil. Early meetings were quite often held in the office of the Farmers Elevator, with the switchboard on the second floor of the Harness Shop.
Gillet Grove Services
The company purchased the lines and switchboard of CJ Johns in order to offer service to Gillett Grove.
The first company-owned building was constructed. This structure was last used as a business office for the Don Potee gas service.
To reflect a changing industry and added services, the company's name was changed to Ayrshire Farmers Mutual Telephone Company.
Northwest Communications Purchase
Ayrshire Farmers Mutual Telephone Company was purchased by Northwest Communications.